We're sorry, but we do not email library card numbers. As you hear from other card companies, this is for your own protection as there are costs associated with the card and its number, and email is not secure.
If you have lost your card, you can get a replacement card for $1.00 at any of our locations by filling out our library card form and showing ID with proof of residence (see: How can I get a library card).
You can get a temporary card number by registering online in our catalog.
Here's the process:
You may apply for a library card at any Ventura County Library. The initial card is FREE. There is a $1.00 replacement fee for a lost card. Your card gives you borrowing privileges at all Ventura County Library locations.
Payment of fines
- Items may be renewed online through the Ventura County Library online catalog. You will need your library card and your library PIN. When your library account was originally set up, the last 4 digits of your phone number at that time were used unless you specified another set of numbers.
Please note: charge for items lost or damaged beyond use = replacement cost
- Overdue fine: $.25 per item per day on most items
- Maximum fine per item returned: $7.50
Short loan and reference books
- Short loan and reference books per item per day: $.50
- Maximum fine short loan and reference per item: $16.00
Items from other library systems
The PIN number is *usually* the last 4 digits of the phone number used when you originally got your library card, unless you chose another 4 digit combination at that time.
To reset or change your PIN, click on the "Forgot your PIN?" link on the login screen in the Enterprise Catalog (start by clicking "My Account").
Notify us as soon as possible. We can set that lost card to "Lost" status and issue you a replacement card for just $1.00. That way no one else can use the lost card. You will need to simply show identification and fill out a new application form.
It depends. Unused cards are purged from our system periodically, but yours *may* still be active. You can try bringing it in to any of our libraries, along with your identification, to see if you are still in our system.
ZipBooks is a pilot project funded by the California State Library to help enhance library collections and rapidly meet customer needs via direct delivery through Amazon. Thank you for your interest in this exciting pilot!
ZipBooks may be used when customers request interlibrary items not owned by Ventura County Library.
Your library card is your key to borrowing books, cassettes, compact discs, etc., at any Ventura County Library. Just present your card and library materials to the staff at the customer service desk. (You may only check out books and materials on your own library card.)
- To ensure that your library card is secure and in your possession.
- To make sure no one but you can access your library account.
- To ensure you are safe from any identity theft issues that may occur if someone else has access to your card and personal information.
- The information on your library record is personal and by law we are required to protect your privacy.
The Ventura County Library asks you for your email address for the following reasons: