To request an item from the Ventura County Library Online Enterprise Catalog, follow these instructions:
- After finding the item you want in the online catalog, click on the Request Item button. There is also a "Request Item" selection under the "Select An Action" drop down menu.
- In the first box, type in your complete barcode number from your library card.
- In the second box, type in the last four digits of your telephone number or your PIN number (if you have changed it from your phone number.)
- Click on the Login box.
- Select the pickup location from the drop-down menu
- Click on the Request button to complete the request.
That's all there is to it!
When the item becomes available for you to pick up at the requested location, you will be notified by mail or email (as long as your email address has been added to your account.) Be sure the library always has your current address, phone number and email.
If the item is not available from any Ventura County Library, you may be able to find it from another library system in California. You can learn how to do that here in the FAQ, or ask our customer service staff for help.