At Ventura County Library, customer service is the most important thing we do.
Our goal is to provide excellent service to the public and to our fellow teammates.
Our customers are more important than books, rules, and policies.
We set the measures for customer service excellence through these standards:
- Ensure we, our facilities, and our library resources are ACCESSIBLE
- Give COURTEOUS service to both internal and external customers
- Provide EFFICIENT service that's both complete and timely
Ensure we, our facilities, and our library resources are accessible
- We are responsive to online or phone inquiries in one business day
- We make sure any information about library services is available with minimal transfers or web queries
- Our facilities and systems are designed to make it easy for customers to access information and library services
- We are mobile and ready
Provide courteous service to both internal and external customers
- We deliver a positive experience for every customer
- We take time to understand customer needs
- We greet every customer with a smile
Provide efficient service that's both complete and timely
- We are solution oriented
- We are knowledgeable about our work
- We strive to complete our work the first time, and if not, with as little delay as possible
- We communicate with customers about any delays and give information impacting timelines or completion of library services
- We empower self-service