STEAM Resources for Kids & Teens
Explore the bountiful STEAM activities available online. Here are a few of our favorites ...
- VCL STEAM Fun YouTube Playlist Join your favorite Ventura County Librarians as they explore fun STEAM topics through interactive activities and lessons.
Live Chess Tutoring - Learn chess strategies and improve your cognitive thinking with an expert chess coach.
- CA Science Center Stuck-at-home science activities for a variety of ages are designed for families to have fun learning together using household supplies.
- Kids Gardening Activities for kids and grown-ups to learn together while encouraging a love for nature and the environment. Browse for projects or search using the Explore Our Resources feature. Check out additional content under the Educator Resources and Gardening Toolbox menus.
- NASA at Home Activities for all ages. Additional features include virtual tours, podcasts, videos, and ways to contribute to research as a citizen scientist.
- NISE Do Science at Home Hands-on STEAM activities developed by the National Informal STEM Education Network (NISE Network) and its partners.
- Hour of Code STEAM activities for all learning levels, skill levels, and available technology.
- Girls Who Code Downloadable computer science activities for students ages 8 & up. Each activity includes a feature of a woman in tech who pioneered innovative technology.
- Tinkercad Tinkercad is a free, easy-to-use app for 3D design, electronics, and coding. It's used by teachers, kids, hobbyists, and designers to imagine, design, and make anything! Don't know how to use Tinkercad? Go to Tinkercad Learn.
- MYSTERYscience Science lessons designed to engage K-5 students, achieve learning outcomes, and be easy to use. Full lessons include simple hands-on activities.
- The Tech Interactive at Home STEAM lessons and activities that can be completed with supplies found in your home. Includes detailed instructions and videos on how to complete the activity.
- Tinybop Schools Introduces complex science topics with curriculum-aligned, inquiry-based models and supporting materials. Sign up required for a free one-month trial.
- Generation Genius Offers 5 free views of K-5 science videos with lesson plans.