651 East Main Street
Ventura, CA 93001
Rebecca Russell, Ventura Region Librarian
Please note: Main Street closure
Patrons visiting E.P. Foster Library should consider alternate routes to the Library as a portion of Main St. is closed to permit restaurants and stores to expand into the street. The closure starts at the intersection of Main St. and Fir St. Patrons wishing to access Library parking need to enter either via Poli St. or Chestnut St., but must exit via Chestnut St. as the Main St. exit is closed.
For assistance with any Library related need, please contact the E.P. Foster Library during operational hours at (805) 648-2716.
For information about the street closure, please visit the Downtown Ventura Partners at www.downtownventura.org/reopen/#closure.
Classes, Special Events, and More
- VCL Event Calendar
- Fun at Foster blog
- Veterans Resource Center
- The microfilm reader is available by appointment. Contact the E.P. Foster Library to schedule your appointment.
Make a computer reservation
The E.P. Foster Library has sixteen desktop computers available for use in the first floor computer lab.
Meeting Room Rentals
Two meeting rooms are available for public use at Foster Library:
- The Elizabeth R. Topping Room has a maximum capacity of 132 people and can be rented for $25.00
- The Rentfrow Room has a capacity of eight persons and there is no charge
In order to rent the Topping Room please follow these steps:
- Read the Topping Room Policy
- Check the calendar to see if your desired date is available (click on the event to view time range)
- Fill out the online form with as much detail as possible
Wireless printing at Foster Library is available inside the branch. Please refer to staff for assistance.
- Low-Vision Reader
- Computer lab stations 1 and 2 have JAWS software installed (for blind or visually impaired users)
- "Ease of Access" shortcut on the computer lab desktops allow users to select from Windows-based accessibility options such as a magnifier, a narrator (users must bring their own earbuds or headphones to use), an on-screen keyboard, or high visual contrast settings.