Workforce Development Board of Ventura County
Job seekers are encouraged to visit this website or call 648-WORK (9675) or toll-free at (833) 810-9675 to take advantage of these free services:
- Use of computers, printers and fax machines
- Help with resumes and interviewing
- Job listings and employer information
- Information on careers and growing occupations
- On-the-job training and skill certifications
- Online training
- Career workshops
- Job and resource fairs
- Virtual Hiring Board
- Access to unemployment insurance benefits
- Live job coaching
New digital materials
Announcing fresh new e-books and e-audiobooks focused on workforce readiness, business, leadership, and self-improvement. Available for free to anyone with a library card on the cloudLibrary app or website.
CAreer Pathways is a project by the California State Library. It supports various workforce development platforms for all Californians through its local public libraries. Free online services include:
- Coursera - Provides learners with access to more than 5,000 courses and certifications led by top businesses, universities, and organizations.
- EBSCO LearningExpress - Make your work goals a reality. Start a new career or advance in your current field.
- LinkedIn Learning - Choose from thousands of online courses to learn in-demand skills from real-world industry experts.
The Salvation Army's “hand-up” employment services programs provide skills and strengths assessments, job-search counseling and support, and programs that teach new job skills.
Visit this website to find out more.