Ventura County Library offers volunteer opportunities for students needing school community service credit and youth who want to help the library in a virtual environment.
What is Virtual Volunteering? Virtual student volunteers work on their assignments online at home or school.
Examples of virtual volunteer assignments:
- Write brief book reviews.
- Research and recommend books for the library to purchase.
- Create suggested reading lists using books from the library's collection.
- Find missing volumes (gaps) in library book series.
- Research and recommend websites for our Teens Boredom Busters web page.
- Research and recommend websites for our Steam Resources web page.
- Contribute to the success of the library's Minecraft servers.
- Contribute to the success of our library STEAM & Makerspace activities.
- Develop Summer Reading Challenge activity ideas.
To begin the volunteer application process, go to our Reading Challenge platform to create an account and sign-up for two challenges:
- The Summer Reading Challenge - Reading Colors Your World
- The Summer Virtual Volunteer Challenge.
The Summer Virtual Volunteer Challenge has activities to get you started and vetted as a volunteer. The first step is to register for the Reading Challenge and then complete the Summer Virtual Volunteer Activity.
For more information, email our Virtual Volunteer Coordinators: VCL.firstname.lastname@example.org