The express model of service offers customer access to the Hill Road Library in addition to staffed operating hours. Read a Q&A with Ventura County Library Director, Nancy Schram, about Open+ benefits.
Library customers wishing to access materials and resources outside of standard operating hours may do so by opting in to the express model.
Access to the express hours requires a current library account in good standing, as well as special registration at the Hill Road Library during staffed hours.
How to register
Customers 18 years of age or older must present their library card, photo identification and proof of current address for verification purposes. They must also sign a policy form and complete an orientation provided by the librarian.
By registering for express access, customers acknowledge and agree to the following terms of acceptable use. Any violation may result in the customer losing express access privileges, as well as possible fines and legal consequences.
- Customers who have opted-in to the express model will use their own library card to gain entry
- Customers who have not opted-in are not permitted to use library services or facilities during express hours
- Security cameras monitor the use of the facility
- If announcements are made during the course of express hours, all customers agree to comply with any directions
- All library policies are in effect during express hours including the library’s Rules of Conduct and the Computer, Internet and Wireless Access Policy listed on the website: https://www.vencolibrary.org.
Once registered, customers may obtain self-service access including use of computers, printing, materials selection, check-out, and holds pick-up. This service is not available on holidays or on days when the location is closed.