All Libraries CLOSED for New Year's Holiday
All Libraries CLOSED for the County observed New Year's Holiday
- A night of fun supporting READ Ventura County Library Adult Literacy Program.
- At the Wedgewood Banquet Center at 5880 Olivas Park Drive, in Ventura 93003.
- Snacks! An opportunity drawing!
- Only $5 admission for audience members.
- Interested in participating on a team? Please call READ Ventura County Library at (805) 677-7160.
- This event is hosted by the Rotary Club of Ventura-South.
The "Success through Reading" series continues with "All about Scouting" sponsored by Soroptimist International of Fillmore and Friends of the Fillmore Library. The event will feature local representatives from the Girl Scouts and Cub Scouts. A book will be read, followed by some fun crafts! Join us!
Due to the Thanksgiving holiday, all Libraries will close at 5pm. Happy Thanksgiving!
- Magician Shawn McMaster returns with his special brew of magic!
- Join us for some spooky, hair-raising fun!
- Wednesday Oct. 12, 2011
- Fairy Queen Flutterby will perform her special story "Little Edwin's Triumph", a story that will inspire children living with the challenges of the serious disease of Juvenile Diabetes. Robin Aliece Borakove is dedicated to helping the children and their families battling this difficult disease. Her book will be available for purchase following the event. Join us!
Presented by Soroptimist International of Fillmore, celebrating the International Day of Peace with a reading of the book Let There Be Peace on Earth: And Let it Begin with Me by Jill Jackson, illustrated by David Diaz. We will read the book, sing a song and make a special peace bracelet to take home. Then... at 6pm the community, including families and businesses are invited to attend a short International Day of Peace ceremony at the Fillmore Soroptimist Peace Pole located in front of the Fillmore City Hall. Presented by Soroptimists Sarah Hansen (Chair of the Fillmore Soroptimist Peace Pole) and Ari Larson (President of Soroptimist International of Fillmore).