How much are overdue or lost book fines and fees?
Submitted by barb on November 24, 2009 - 5:15pm
- Overdue fine: $.25 per item per day on most items
- Maximum fine per item returned: $6.00
- Charge for item lost or damaged beyond use: replacement cost
Short loan and research books
- Short loan and research books per item per day: $.50
- Maximum fine short loan and research per item: $16.00
Items from other library systems
- Items borrowed from other library systems per item per day: $.50
- Maximum fine per item borrowed from other systems: $40.00
Payment of fines
- We recommend you pay your fines by cash or personal check in person at the customer service desk
- If you would rather mail your check:
- Please call your library location to get information regarding sending the correct amount to the correct location.
- If you have verified your amount, you may send a check payable to "Ventura County Library"
to P.O. Box 771 Ventura, CA 93002.
Important! Please remember to enter your library card number in the memo line.
- Ventura County Library is working with the County of Ventura to provide a future, online pay option.
Thank you for your patience!
- You will not be able to check out items if you have fines or charges of $40.00 or more
- Delinquent accounts may be referred to a collection agency
- Collection Agency referral fee: $10.00 per referral