How do I request items from other branches?
To request an item from the Ventura County Library online catalog, follow these instructions:
- After finding the item you want in the online catalog, click on the Request Item button.
- In the first box, type in your complete barcode number from your library card.
- In the second box, type in the last four digits of your telephone number or your PIN number (if you have changed it from your phone number.)
- Click on the Login box.
- Select the pickup location.
- Click on the Request button to complete the request.
That's all there is to it!
When the item becomes available for you to pick up at the requested location, you will be notified by mail or email (as long as your email address has been added to your account.)
If the item is not available from any Ventura County Library, you may be able to find it from another library system in California. You can learn how to do that here in the FAQ, or ask our reference desk for help.