Oak View Library
Oak View Library
555 Mahoney Avenue, Oak View, CA 93022
* * *
Sunset Middle School Plein Air Art Exhibit
Painted in the spirit of the French Impressionists,
plein air paintings are done en plein air or
"in the open air". Stop by the library to
see these beautiful paintings painted
by the Sunset Middle School
art elective class.
Student art work will be on display until March 27.
Mon - Thurs 1- 6
Saturday 10 - 2
Fri & Sun Closed
Oak View Library is located in the Oak View Park and Resource Center at 555 Mahoney Avenue, between Valley Road and Prospect Street. View map.
- Other agencies in the Resource Center include the Oak View Boys & Girls Club, Child Development Resources Preschool and the Nan Tolbert Nurturing Center.
- Want to know how to get a library card, borrow books, DVDs and more? See our FAQ page.
- Access the library catalog from home. If a book or DVD you want is not available at Oak View, it can be be ordered from any other VC library and delivered to here for you to pick up. You can make requests through the online catalog or library staff can assist you in person or over the phone.
- For 24-hour access to research data, magazine articles, electronic books, audio-book downloads, test preparation guides, and much more, please use the Ventura County Library's online eLibrary. Your library card number will be required to access most of these resources when using an internet connection outside of the library, such as from home, school, or work.
- Eight Internet computers are available for public use. Computers are filtered for use by customers under 18. All computers have Office 2007 software. Black & white printing is available for ten cents per page.
- Library staff will assist you with your research questions. Telephone questions will be answered during open hours. Call (805) 649-1523.
- A black & white self-serve copy machine is available. Copies are ten cents each.
- Book Drop: the book (and all other materials) drop is bright yellow and located in the same hallway as the library's entrance.
Programs & Events - Oak View/Ojai Valley Library Event Calendar
Storytime Tuesdays - 4:00 to 4:30pm This year-round early literacy-based story- time is full of stories, songs and movement. It is best suited for children ages 0-5 years old.
SchooLinks Homework Center operates Monday through Thursday, 3:00 to 5:30 p.m., when school is in session. Homework Centers are available in most Ventura County Libraries. Click here to see all locations and open hours.
Useful links for Sunset school students & parents:
Accelerated Reader Student Login (you must know your school login)
- Ojai Valley Library Friends and Foundation: The OVLFF is a non-profit organization dedicated to extending and enhancing public library services throughout the Ojai Valley. They operate the Twice Sold Tales Bookstore at the Ojai Library, sponsor children's and adult programs, provide a courier service for shut-ins, hold a yearly used book sale, and sponsor the SchooLinks homework centers at Ojai, Meiners Oaks, and Oak View Libraries. OVLFF seek to build public-private partnerships to expand opportunities for lifelong learning and personal enrichment. Board meetings are held the fourth Tuesday of the month, 7pm, at the Ojai Library. For additional information call (805) 289-0368 or visit the Friends page.
- One month of the Ventura County Star newspaper is kept at the Oak View Library.
- One month of the Ojai Valley News newspaper is kept at the Oak View Library.
- Oak View Library has current magazines, materials for children and teens, fairly large collections of large and standard print mysteries and general fiction, audio books on MP3 & CD, as well as DVDs.
- County of Ventura
- Steve Bennett, Supervisor, County of Ventura
- Sunset Elementary & Middle School
- Ventura Unified School District
- Ventura County Genealogical Society Home Page and Genealogical Library