Oak Park Library
Oak Park Library
899 North Kanan Road Oak Park, CA 91377
Mon - Tues 2 - 8
Wed - Thurs 10 - 6
Fri - Sat 10 - 5
Photo: "Oak Park Library - Dusk" by RMA Photography, Inc.
Oak Park Library is located at 899 North Kanan Road in Oak Park, CA at the southern edge of the Oak Park High School campus. View map.
Programs & Special Events - Oak Park Library Event Calendar
- Storytime - for children of all ages - is held on Thursdays @ 10:30 am.
- NEW! Family Storytime - join us for evening stories! Wear your jammies and bring your favorite stuffed animal (not required!).
- LEGOs in the Library - meets the 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month from 1 - 3 pm - all ages (even grownups!) are welcome.
- We'll Read Club - a monthly book club for 3rd, 4th, & 5th graders. Come and share in activites and talk about the monthly selected book. Registration required. Sign up at the library or call (818) 889-2239
- See teen book reviews in Oak Park Library Teens Recommend
- Want to know how to get a library card, borrow a book and more? See our FAQ page.
- Access the library catalog from home.
- Library staff will answer your research questions.
- If a book you want is not available at your local library, it can be be ordered from other libraries.
- Telephone questions will be answered during open hours. Call (818) 889-2239.
- Does your child need Accelerated Reader Books? Use Medea Creek Middle School's searchable AR List or AR Bookfinder to find books at your child's AR levels and their point values.
- Ten (10) computers are available for full, unfiltered Internet access. An additional five (5) computers with filters (some sites blocked) are available for Internet access. All computers have access to the 2010 version of Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint. Printing is available at ten (10) cents per page.
- A self-serve copy machine is available at ten (10) cents per page.
- Meeting Room Rental - Two (2) meeting rooms are available for public use.
- The Film and Lecture Room seats forty (40) people and is fully equipped with a podium and a DVD/Video player that is connected to a projector for full viewing. The projector is also outfitted for a laptop computer connection.
- The Conference Room, perfect for committee or board meetings, has a large conference table and 16 chairs.
- Reservations are required and are on a 'first come first serve' basis. To check the rental fee and make a reservation please call 818-889-2239.
- Teen Library Volunteers - The top 5 reasons to volunteer:
- Help yourself and your library!
- Learn new skills
- Volunteering looks REALLY good on college applications!
- Earn a letter of recommendation.
- Feel good about yourself!
Come by or call the library at 818-889-2239 and check it out!
- The Oak Park Friends of the Library group supports and benefits the Library. The Friends provide activities such as used book sales. Contact the Librarian for more information on becoming a member of the the Oak Park Friends of the Library or visit the Friends page.
- Teen Volunteers are needed to help with the Summer Reading Program. Call 818-889-2239 for more information.
- Volunteers are needed for Adult Literacy Program. For more information click here.
Library service in Oak Park began with a bookmobile stop near the May Boyar Park in 1968. The bookmobile continued to visit until 1981. Oak Park residents lobbied for more library service and in 1979 students mounted a letter writing campaign to get approval for a public library in the community.
In August 1980, the Oak Park School Board and the Ventura County Board of Supervisors approved a jointly operated school/community library located on the Oak Park High School campus. In 1981, the new library opened. By 1992, Oak Park’s population had more than doubled and a new, larger library was needed.
Many options were considered, community members were consulted and the architectural firm, Fields & Devereaux was selected to design the new library. Our award-winning library opened in 2004 and the building incorporates many environmental and energy conservation features.