Getting a Library Card
You may apply for a library card at any Ventura County Library.
- The initial card is FREE; there is a $1.00 replacement fee for a lost card.
- Your card gives you borrowing privileges at all Ventura County Library locations.
- Library card application forms are available in both English and Spanish at any branch library.
- Complete the application form and present it with picture identification showing your current street address.
- Driver's license is preferred. If you have just moved, a letter or bill with your current address in addition to your picture I.D. is acceptable.
- A card will be prepared and given to you, and you may borrow items on the day you receive your new card.
When you request an item and it is ready to be picked up at the Ventura County Library location you chose, a notice will be mailed to you at the address you have provided. An email notice will be sent to you (instead) if you have provided your email address on your library card application.
* * *
Bring your library card whenever you visit the library. You will be able to use your card as identification if you borrow desk research material or for use within the library for Internet computers.
Your card also grants you access to the content of our online databases found on our eLibrary page.
|If your card is lost or stolen, please report it to a library staff member immediately. A "block" will be placed against your file so no one else may use your lost card.|
* * *
Have more questions?
See our complete FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page