ZipBooks is a pilot project funded by the California State Library to help enhance library collections and rapidly meet customer needs via direct delivery through Amazon. Thank you for your interest in this exciting pilot!
ZipBooks may be used when customers request interlibrary items not owned by Ventura County Library.
- Request items via our Tell us what to buy! page
- Only print books or audiobooks can be requested (per the pilot project guidelines)
- Requests are reviewed and filled centrally twice a week
- Customers are allowed five items per month, just like an interlibrary loan request. If more are requested, they won't be filled until the next month
- Item returns should go directly to branch staff similarly to interlibrary loan requests with the ZipBooks forms attached (i.e., not placed in book drops)
- Some interlibrary loan requests may be filled using ZipBooks
- The customer will be contacted via email to let them know their item is going directly to their provided address
- If you would like to opt-out of this service, please note so in the "comments field" of your ILL request. (ILL is temporarily closed as of 1/11/2021)
- At the point of order, requestors provided name and address are given to our vendor Amazon to fulfill the request.
- If you have questions related to ZipBooks, please contact us (email to email@example.com)