Tune in online to Ground Operations: Battlefields to Farmfields, a documentary you won’t want to miss - a feel-good story about military members who now work the land.
Available to stream via Vimeo from Saturday, July 25 – Sunday, August 2, the film by Ojai resident Dulanie Ellis is presented by the Ventura County Library, courtesy of a generous grant from the California Center for the Book and its Community Conversations with Veterans initiative.
In the words of Ellis, the 40-minute film is “a perfect summer movie at a time when folks could really use some ‘good news’ and heroes to root for.” It follows eight combat veterans who served in Iraq and Afghanistan and now prosper running organic farms and ranches and offers solutions for our veterans at a time when the United States could use more people in agriculture.
To stream the film for free, watch this event and our social media outlets (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter) to access a special code you can use anytime during the last week of July to watch the movie via Vimeo. Here is the link/code for streaming July 25 through August 2.
Whet your appetite for more about organic farming, and check out a few of these complimentary books available to hold:
- Organic Farming: everything you need to know – Peter V. Fossel
- The Dirty Life – Kristin Kimball
- The New Rules of the Roost: organic care & feeding for the family flock – Robert Litt
- Save the Bees With Natural Backyard Hives – Robert McFarland
- Growing a Revolution: bringing our soil back to life – David Montgomery
- Organic Manifesto: how organic farming can heal our planet, feed the world, and keep us safe – Maria Rodale
- Storey’s Guide to Growing Organic Vegetables & Herbs for the Market – Keith Stewart
- The Secret Life of Cows – Rosamond Young
This event is free and open to the public. For additional information, contact Karen Cruze, Acting Librarian, E.P. Foster Library at email@example.com.