County of Ventura’s Planning Division Publishes Final Environmental Impact Report for the 2040 General Plan
The Planning Division has posted the final Environmental Impact Report (EIR) for the Ventura County 2040 General Plan. The final EIR includes public comment letters and responses to comments on the project’s EIR which was available for a 45-day public comment period from Monday, January 13, 2020, through Thursday, February 27, 2020. Additionally, the final EIR includes other materials pursuant to requirements of the California Environmental Quality Act.
Case Number PL17-0141
County of Ventura, Applicant
Final Environmental Impact Report (EIR)
The Final Environmental Impact Report (EIR) has been prepared by the County of Ventura, State of California, and is available for public review pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Guidelines for the Ventura County 2040 General Plan (State Clearinghouse No. #2019011026).
All unincorporated areas within Ventura County
The proposed project is a comprehensive update of the County of Ventura General Plan, also known as the 2040 General Plan. The 2040 General Plan will set forth the County’s vision of its future and identify the goals, policies, and implementation programs that will guide future decisions concerning a variety of issues, including but not limited to land use, climate change, agriculture, transportation, hazards, public facilities, health and safety, environmental justice, and resource conservation out to the year 2040. The County, as the lead agency, has prepared an Environmental Impact Report (EIR) in accordance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA).
Online Access for Final EIR Materials:
Materials can be accessed on the project website, https://vc2040.org/, or using the links below:
- Cover, Table of Contents, and List of Abbreviations
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Comments and Responses to Comments
- List of Commenters and Master Responses
- Agency Comments and Responses to Comments
- Organization Comments and Responses to Comments
- Individual Comments and Responses to Comments 1 through 100
- Individual Comments and Responses to Comments 101 through 216
- 3. Revisions to the Draft EIR
- 4. References
- 5. Report Preparers
- Attachment 1: Comment Letters Submitted to the County on the draft EIR with Complete Attachments
Other locations of the Final EIR:
The Final EIR is also available at the following locations:
- County of Ventura, Resource Management Agency, Planning Division Public Counter, 3d Floor, Hall of Administration, 800 S. Victoria Avenue, Ventura, CA, 93009, between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday;
- 2040 General Plan Update webpage at https://vc2040.org/; and
- Digital versions of the Public Review Draft 2040 General Plan and Final Program EIR will also be available through Ventura County Library services which are available at https://www.vencolibrary.org.
Additional Materials Related to the Final EIR:
Additional materials related to the Final EIR, including but not limited to the Draft EIR, Public Review Draft 2040 General Plan, and Draft Background report are available on the project website at https://vc2040.org/.
Public Review and Comment Period:
The 45-day public review and comment period during which the County received comments on the Draft EIR for the Ventura County 2040 General Plan began Monday, January 13, 2020, and ended at 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 27, 2020.
Susan Curtis, email@example.com, 805-654-2497