- Soraya Deen speaks about the challenges of being Muslim in America.
Ventura County Fairgrounds - Anacapa Hall
- Free admission!
- More information
E.P. Foster Library - Topping Room
- Ventura County Library launches a weekly Maker meeting - to be held every Tuesday evening in the Topping Room at E.P. Foster Library.
- Come learn what Maker Spaces are all about - see examples of robotics and media projects, 3D printers, and knitting & crafting projects.
- Learn about the local and national Maker network - tap into your neighbors' interests and share equipment
Oak Park Library
- The book club is for adults and will meet the third Monday of each month
- Swazzle Puppets and “The Grasshopper and the Ant”.
- A story for all ages!
- In “The Grasshopper and the Ants”, young audiences will be introduced to a classic story and laugh along with the fun-loving Grasshopper as he learns the value of dedication and handwork.
- This program is sponsored by the Fillmore Friends of the Library.
Discovering your roots – A basic introduction to using Ancestry.com in the library. The class will cover how to search, print and save information using the library computers.
Facebook Basics – We will review the basics of creating and maintaining a Facebook account. Required: active email account.
Charles Freericks Writing a memoir - Charles Freericks, author of the comedic memoir, "My Imaginary Friend Was Too Cool to Hang out With Me" speaks on how your own life may be the best grist for the mill for your writing - whether you choose to pen your memoirs or just to use autobiographical incidents for your characters in your fiction. He will describe techniques he uses for stitching together real memories with literary threads in order to make them function dramatically and not seem like journal entries. There will be time for questions and answers and he will give those who wish an assignment that then may email their first draft to him for a critique.
Public domain plays at your public library! Contains adult material.