- Wednesday, March 17 @ 3:30pm
- Learn about the origins of Irish music and try your hand at playing a bodhran!
- More information
Join us in celebrating the Simi Valley Library’s 30th anniversary on Sunday, February 21st, from 2 to 4 PM.
The event will feature a guest speaker from the Simi Valley Historical Society discussing the history of libraries in Simi Valley.
The event will also feature a variety of children’s events, including:
- Performance by the Alphabet Soup Puppeteers, "A Red, White, and Blue Day"
- Storytelling with local children’s book author and artist Mary Ann Fraser
- Paws 4 Healing, Inc. READ Program, in which Reading Education Assistance Dogs help children discover the joy of reading
- Arts and crafts
- Press Release
- Thursdays, February 11, 18, and 25 @ 7pm
- Join us for a lively discussion of the Big Read book, "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee.
- Please contact library to sign up.
Check your local Library for opening time!
Ventura County Library Commission Meeting
- See our Library Commission page for more information
- Tuesday, January 26 @ 5pm-7pm
- Be part of the 1000 Cranes Peace Project.
- In anticipation of the September 21 dedication of the Peace Pole in front of Fillmore City Hall, this group will be trying to fold 1000 origami paper cranes.
- Call Janine or Claire with questions at 524-2520
- More Information
Coffee/Tea and Book Discussion of To Kill A Mockingbird @ Django's Coffee House 6:30 p.m.
- Django's Coffee House is located at 2271 North Ventura Ave. Ventura
- Camarillo Library
- Sunday February 7 at 2pm
- Barbara Brooks Tomblin author and scholar will discuss the role of African Americans supporting the Union Navy during the Civil War.
- Sponsored by The Friends of the Camarillo Library and the Meadowlark Service League
All open libraries will close at 5pm on New Year's Eve
All open libraries will close at 5pm on Christmas Eve