E.P. Foster Library - Topping Room
- The film tells the untold story of Rock and Roll in Mexico through those who lived it, including Mexican rock icons and legends.
- A groundbreaking look at one of Mexico’s darkest secrets and inspiring comebacks.
- Special appearance by Fito de la Parra of the music group Canned Heat to talk and answer questions about the film.
- Free Screening! To reserve a seat call (805) 643-1960
- More information - flyer
- Sponsored by Ventura County Library and the Bell Arts Factory
- Need help with your iPhone, iPad, Nook, Kindle, Android or Smart Phone?
- Bring your device to the Ojai Library for help.
- Our teen volunteers will help you master the basics.
- Admission is FREE!
- More information - flyer
- Educational fun for the whole family
- Meet the PAWS for Reading dogs and listen to a story read by the VCL Story Fairy
- Talk to a real Firefighter and learn about fire trucks
- Get emergency preparedness information from the Red Cross
- Snack at some of Ventura County’s favorite Food Trucks
- Checkout our opportunity drawing baskets
Film screening of "A Place at the Table"
- Sat., Oct. 5, 2013 @ 5:30pm
- At the Oak View Park & Resource Center multipurpose room (on same campus as library)
- Presented by Oak View Library's Book-to-Action group
- See flyer for RSVP & more information
- FLYER LINK
- Daniela Alraiti will read from her novel Invierno en La Habana.
- She will be reading in Spanish.
- Daniela leerá de su novela en español.
Stories Behind the Stories: CSUCI English Faculty Reading and Discussion Published authors and CI English Professors Brad Monsma, Bob Mayberry, Mary Adler, Sean Carswell and Sofia Samatar will read excerpts of their fiction, nonfiction or poetry and discuss the stories behind them, including experiences with multiple drafts, writing groups, writing stamina, and revisions. Community members are invited to add their perspectives during a brief Q&A session that follows.
The Era of the Celebrity CEO is Over Recent data indicates that consistently “great” companies were not led by charismatic or transformational leaders but rather by leaders who possessed a blend of humility and strong personal will. Join Dr. Andrew Morris, Professor in CI’s Martin V. Smith School of Business and Economics, as he examines our fascination with leaders, possible predictors of humility, and ways in which we can develop greater humility and enhance our leadership abilities.
Drawing from 20 years of research experience, Anthropology Professors Jennifer Perry and Colleen Delaney will present an overview of the prehistory of coastal Ventura County and the Channel Islands from an archaeological perspective. Learn why this region is so unique and the importance of the islands to people today.
- Soraya Deen speaks about the challenges of being Muslim in America.
Ventura County Fairgrounds - Anacapa Hall
- Free admission!
- More information