Ojai - Book Publishing 1-2-3: From the Writer's Fingers
Thursday, July 1, 2010 - 6:30pm - 7:30pm
- Are you a writer? Do you want to get published?
- Join us for this popular lecture/workshop and pick up some practical tips to help boost your chances of getting published (for example, how to find literary agents)
- We’ll follow the behind-the-scenes journey of a manuscript as it becomes an actual book, discuss self-publishing and the children’s literature market, and look at how writers can sell their books
- Other highlights include a couple of quick creativity exercises, our “Editor’s Tips on Craft” segment, and a Q&A session
- Presenter: Laurie Gibson, whose editing/proofreading projects range from “The Color Purple” (Alice Walker) to “Tales from Margaritaville” (Jimmy Buffett) and several titles by Brian Tracy, the bestselling business author. Laurie also taught editing classes at both UCLA and U.C. San Diego (Extension programs) for several years