Why do I need to bring my library card to the Library?
Submitted by barb on November 24, 2009 - 4:51pm
- To ensure that your library card is secure and in your possession.
- To make sure no one but you can access your library account.
- To ensure you are safe from any identity theft issues that may occur if someone else has access to your card and patron information.
- The information on your library record is personal and by law we are required to protect your privacy.
- We need to always be sure who checked out library materials in order to recover those materials if they are not returned to the library. The books, CDs, DVDs and other materials in this library have been purchased with your tax dollars and we want to have them available for everyone.
- We want everyone to have equitable opportunity to use the library’s computers. In order to provide that opportunity, we must ask you to bring your card to the library.