Six Baby Read Aloud Stages
Six Baby Read Aloud Stages:
1. The Lisener (0-2 months) Read anything for the purpose of the the baby hearing your voice and books you read to them before they were born.
2. The Observer (2-4 months) read books with rhymes and songs and books with black & white pictures or bold colors.
3. The Cooer (4-8 months) Read touch & feel books to stimulate the senses and use teething books.
4. The Babbler (8-12 months) Read books with noise and buttons or books that label objects or body parts.
5. The Word Maker (12-18 months) Use books that ask questions and ones that have rhymes/song and handmovements.
6. Phrase Maker (18-24 months)Read books that contain colors, numbers and basic concepts as well as books about the child current interest, fairies, trucks, animals, etc.
Baby Read Aloud Basics by Caroline Blakemore (372.4)-Star